MEP Action Group launches in Europe
In a groundbreaking milestone for psychedelics in Europe, a cross-party MEP Action Group for the Medical Use of Psychedelics was launched at an expert roundtable on 24 May.
The group’s launch results from two years of advocating from campaign groups such as Psychedelic Access and Research European Alliance (PAREA) and Psychedelics EUROPE.
Its key focus is to accelerate the preparation of the regulatory landscape for psychedelic medicines in the EU Single Market.
Further areas of focus will include:
- Raising awareness of best practices.
- Promoting discussions around cost-effectiveness.
- Advocating for a harmonised EU policy and regulatory framework.
- Fostering drug policies based on scientific evidence and human rights, to remove barriers to scientific research and access.
- Providing input on key European legislative dossiers such as the EU’s Comprehensive Approach To Mental Health.