PSYCH Investor Summit: Research & Development to Highlight the Latest in Medical Psychedelic Science and Investment Opportunities
Following the success of the inaugural PSYCH Investor Summit: Europe and Asia on 21 April, the industry-leading global event series returns to showcase breakthroughs in psychedelic research and development.
Taking place on 7 July, the PSYCH Investor Summit: Research & Development will present engaging panel discussions, research updates, compelling company presentations and professional networking opportunities to ticket-holders.
Industry innovation is driving promising investment opportunities across the sector. The summit will host industry leaders and present the latest, most promising and clinical evidence in psychedelic science.
Highlights of the day’s agenda include:
- Rick Doblin, Ph.D. Keynote – Rick Doblin, Founder and Executive Director at the Multidisciplinary Association of Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), will open the conference with a summary of the world-leading psychedelic non-profit’s Phase 3 trial results of MDMA-assisted therapy for PTSD.
- For-Profit or Non-Profit? That is the ($100-Billion) Question – MAPS’ founder Rick Doblin will be joined by Christian Angermayer, Founder of atai Life Sciences, to discuss how for-profit and nonprofit psychedelic organisations can co-exist and achieve objectives in today’s increasingly competitive business landscape.
- Ongoing Psychedelic Clinical Trials – With an up-to-date overview of ongoing global clinical trials, Floris Wolswijk, Founder at Blossom, will share insights from the company’s comprehensive psychedelic research database. Authoring the forthcoming Psychedelics as Medicine Report: Third Edition, Blossom is the insight engine of PSYCH, with unparalleled data and a team of global analysts.
- Research Update: Psychedelics for Addiction – Several studies seek to explore the capacity of psychedelics to treat mental health issues, particularly addiction and trauma-related illnesses. Dr Ben Sessa, Chief Medical Officer at Awakn Life Sciences, has over 20 years’ psychiatric experience and will provide an update on the capacity of psychedelics to combat addiction, using the company’s recent research examples.
- Research Update: Psychedelics for PTSD – Taking the stage to discuss the potential of psychedelics to treat PTSD is Dr Jennifer Mitchell, Professor of Neurology and Psychiatry at the University of California. Lead author on the recent MAPS clinical results paper, Dr Mitchell specialises in understanding the neural mechanics behind PTSD and developing novel therapeutics for patients.
- The Next 5 to 10 years of Research & Development – The second panel discussion will be forward looking, with Richard Carleton, CEO at Canadian Securities Exchange, joined by Tryp Therapeutics’ CEO and Chairman, Greg McKee, Braxia Scientific’s CEO Roger McIntyre, and Business Insider’s psychedelic industry journalist Yeji Jesse Lee. The conversation will examine the market’s roadmap and how investors can best support research and development programmes.
- Tryp Therapeutics – Company Presentation and Overview – Greg Mckee of Tryp Therapeutics returns to the stage to deliver an in-depth presentation on the company and its development of clinical-stage compounds, followed by a Q&A hosted by Reuters columnist Dasha Afanasieva.
- Gwella Mushrooms – Company Presentation and Overview – Company presentations continue with an overview of Gwella Mushrooms. Chief Scientific Officer Daniel Sanders will outline the company’s product portfolio, ambitions and vision for the future, followed by a Q&A with Dasha Afanasieva.
- Braxia Scientific – Company Presentation and Overview – Roger McIntyre, CEO at Braxia Scientific, will supply details on the company’s ketamine treatments for depression and related illnesses, followed by a Q&A with Dasha Afanasieva.
Attendees are encouraged to network throughout the summit through the intuitive event platform, Swapcard. Have a ticket secured already? Check out the event platform, fill in your personal profile and get to know other attendees. Have yet to register? Secure your spot here.